These are the currently planned additions and enhancements to
Kalulu for Windows. This list does not imply any order of production or any
- Save all input accented characters in .PRB and .XML files properly.
- Stop forcing filenames into lower-case on saving.
- Cause buttons to pop back up after the function they start has finished.
- Warn when opening invalid .PRB and .XML files.
- Add 'recent files' facility.
- Weed out short variations in threats too.
A short solution does not count as an intended solution and makes the problem
- All mating promotion duals will be displayed unless a new option 'promotion duals' is switched off.
- Add a ‘Shallow threat compare’ (or ‘Deep threat compare’ option if I decide to default the other way). See ‘Solving options’ section in the manual.
- Promotion mating duals (as d8=Q,R or d8=Q,B) and promotion refutation duals (as d1=Q,R or d1=Q,B) to be shown (and counted) as single moves.
- Add a ‘virtual threats’ option. Virtual threats only shown (and indicated as such) if this option is selected.
- Add a ‘post key play’ option.
- Add a 'No wK' option
- Tighten up on validation of ep squares and castling rights.
- Enhance the interface between Kalulu.jar and meson.exe so that Kalulu for Windows can solve any orthodox position that can be described in Forsyth notation. i.e. positions with promoted pieces.
- Add export facility to RTF/PDF so that problems and solutions can be printed or emailed to those without Kalulu for Windows.
- After solving, disable the ‘Solve’ button and only re-enable it when a change to the position or to the options has been made.
- When saving, check that position/options are in sync with solution. Warn if not.
- When closing a problem and when exiting Kalulu for Windows, check if any changes have been made and warn if they have.
- Add a 'Forsythe' field that would update as positions are set up and that can be used to input positions which would then be reflected in the diagram.
- Add options for solution display - ‘Explode All‘; ‘Explode Tries‘; ‘Explode Set‘; ‘Explode Actual‘. ‘Explode All’ defaulted for #2s and nothing defaulted for longer problems.
- Add facility for user-delete of branches in the solution.
- Multi-thread meson.exe to speed up solving by taking advantage of multiple cpus.
- Add support for twins.
- Add solving support for other stipulations:
- Selfmate/Selfstalemate (S#/S=)
- Helpmate/Helpstalemate (H#/H=)
- HelpSelfmate/HelpSelfstalemate (HS#/HS=)
- Reciprocal Helpmate/Reciprocal Helpstalemate (RECI-H#/RECI-H=)
- Reflexmate/Reflexstalemate (R#/R=)
- Semi-Reflexmate/Semi-Reflexstalemate (SEMI-R#/SEMI-R=)
- SeriesMate/SeriesStalemate (SER-#/SER-=)
- SeriesHelpmate/SeriesHelpStalemate (SER-H#/SER-H=)
- SeriesReflexmate/SeriesReflexStalemate (SER-R#/SER-R=)
- SeriesSelfmate/SeriesSelfstalemate (SER-S#/SER-S=)
- SeriesSemiReflextmate/SeriesSemiReflexstalemate (SER-SEMI-R#/SER-SEMI-R=)